Mother’s Day, also known as the second major gift giving holiday besides Christmas, is around the corner. If you’re still struggling for a suitable gift, consider giving Mom something that will last longer than a bouquet of flowers or a box of Godiva chocolates — like tech gadgets or other trending gifts.
With more than 80 million moms to shop for, Emmy Award-winning tech reporter Brett Larson has something for everyone. Larson is one of the most familiar faces in technology, and he recommends the following gift ideas for Mom or Grandma.
1. The Original Pink Box Tools available at Sears. A combination of style and quality brings handy moms the gift of pink tools. The Original Pink Box line offers tools, accessories and the tool box to keep it all organized. The 20-Inch Metal Tool Box is great for tools of any kind, allowing moms to carefully arrange jewelry-making supplies, craft materials, makeup or kitchen utensils. Tools aren’t just for DIY moms, they’re also useful for chefs, green thumbs and crafters.
2. Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor. Mom may not realize it, but the processor in mobile phones can make a big difference in the battery life and overall performance. Make sure Mom’s next mobile device has a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor so she doesn’t have to worry about recharging her battery to stay connected. For instance, the HTC One, powered by a Qualcomm processor, has a home screen that streams all of your favorite content. Qualcomm’s Snapdragon processors provide seamless app switching, high-speed browsing, email, GPS, multimedia, console-quality gaming, social networking and 4G/LTE connectivity.
3. The Amazon Kindle Family. Amazon’s Kindle Family has an e-reader for anyone who likes to read or take their libraries on the go. The Kindle Paperwhite is equipped with a higher contrast touch screen, higher resolution, built-in front light technology and an eight-week battery life. The Kindle Fire HD — which comes in either 7” or 8.9” — was designed for a rich viewing experience, complete with a stunning HD screen, Dolby audio speakers and Kindle FreeTime, a personalized tablet experience just for kids. It also includes access to more than 23 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, apps and games.
4. “The Guilt Trip” Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack with UltraViolet. “The Guilt Trip,” starring Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogen, follows a mother and son who set out on a cross-country road trip. The two-disc set includes over an hour of bonus features: character specials, an alternate opening and ending, over 10 deleted scenes and a hysterical gag reel. UltraViolet is a new way to collect and access movies.
5. The Cheesecake Factory. Surprise Mom with quality family time, like a brunch with Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes and classic Eggs Benedict at The Cheesecake Factory. Or, give her the option to make a date with friends and coworkers by sending her a gift card. Gift cards can be purchased at a restaurant, ordered online or sent right to her e-mail via an eGift card. One last thing: order Mom the Mango Key Lime Cheesecake — swirled with mango, baked on a vanilla coconut macaroon crust and finished with a layer of mango key lime mousse. Be warned — it may make her swoon.
For more information, visit www.killerapps.tv.
This article is copyright free. You are free to use it on a blog, website, in a newspaper, or newsletter.
To re-post this, copy the content above, or HTML on the right, and paste onto your site.